At Arts & Letters, every student has an advisor, who is responsible for knowing a small group of students extremely well. The advisor meets with their advisees two times each week for discussion, activities, and conferences.
Advisory has three specific goals : 1 To provide a time to address student needs, both personal and academic; 2 To provide every student with consistent, caring and continuous adult guidance and advocacy throughout their school experience; and 3 To provide students with specific instruction about study habits, personal development, and high school and college preparation. In addition, all advisories will be working on a community service project this year.
- Get to know each advisee and their family personally, and be the primary family contact with the school concerning all matters (academic, behavior, communications, etc.)
- Advocate for and support student academic and socio-emotional growth
- Mediate and counsel students as needed
- Provide resources for classroom success
- Support advisee to lead his or her student led conferences
- Teach academic and interpersonal success strategies
- Facilitate group discussions and activities about themes related to adolescence and community